Monday, September 20, 2010

trash and such

Its been almost two years now since I took a trip to Europe. While I was there I visited some very large,  populated cities. I noticed most cities were well kept, of course this is Europe and most cities were tourist friendly. Nevertheless, I could sense dignity in these cities. Pride for their historical sites and for the beautiful land around them. In France for instance, the city employed street cleaners. These people would sweep the street all day with a broom and a pan and this kept them free of litter. The landfills were not in view of the public. Bathrooms were noticeably clean and sanitized. I acknowledged that citizens and tourists were more likely to throw away their trash there. In relation to Montana and America in general, it seemed like they really had gratification in keeping things clean. Everyone was more mindful and there was hardly any carelessness. People respected their environment around them and overall it was nice to experience such feelings.
http://believermag.com/issues/201009/?read=interview_nagle

No comments:

Post a Comment