Wednesday, September 15, 2010

sustainability

After more research on the topic of sustainability, I now know there is much more that can be explored than I realized. That is why I am taking somewhat of a different approach. I am going to research the concept of 'disruptive technology'. A term that describes technology that is unrefined. It describes when new technoloy is continuously created- created too quickly for the consumer to accept it and adapt to it before a new and supposedly better invention is introduced. I am going to explore the idea of disruptive innovation in general and how this could not only be preventing stimulation in the economy but also wasting a ton of money and time. I do not know too much about this subject, but it is very interesting to me. I'm hoping its not too new of a concept for me to find a sufficient amount of information.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like the apple company, they tend to do this a lot. So annoying! I think your topic sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shelby about Apple they tend to come out with a new product every month. Other companies could be Nintendo or Sony they come out with a new gaming system or a new hand held every year, therefor the games for the other systems become obsolete and a total was of money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! I never would have thought about that. I agree with Shelby and Yana, it's annoying when companies bring out new stuff too fast. I'm sure your paper will be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your topic. Last year I wrote a paper for my philosophy class called "The Ethics of Texting" and how technology has impacted our generation. It's not exactly the same, but along those lines. I love reading about this kind of stuff and how technology is going to effect us in the long run. Anyways, awesome choice and get into it, it is very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete