Tuesday, October 12, 2010

House

TV. Hmm. I rarely watch TV. Even less so now that I am in college and do not own a TV. But I can remember the days at home. I basically watched cartoons and the series House. I'm almost sure everyone is familiar with this series but just incase...
House is a medical drama with the central character being Dr. Gregory House. He is described as an unconvential and bitter medical genius. He heads a team of diagnosticians in a fictional hospital. House often clashes with the other characters; his boss, his collegue and best friend, the diagnosticians under him, and the patients. Most episodes revolve around a diagnosis of a patient. House tends to find the correct diagnosis seemingly out of the blue, often after an unrelated comment made by another character. The diagnoses range from very common to rare diseases. A significant element of the show is House's addiction to Vicodin due to his leg pain that causes him to use a cane.
Yes there is some enjoyment from watching the team of doctors save patients' lives. And there is enjoyment in learning about crazy unheard of conditions and diseases. But I think the real pleasure I get from this series is watching House belittle and mock everyone around him and the fact he only gets away with it because he is the smartest person in the room. I love the brilliance of the character House. House is simply a great show because the mysteries on the show are thought provoking. Although after watching the first season and familiarizing yourself with the way the show works, you figure out that the patient is diagnosed within the last five mins. But I still cant help but watch as the mysteries unfold each episode. It may seem predictable to some but I still say it is quality entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment