Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving break and school.

Thanksgiving is seriously the best holiday. I like what it represents and its one of the few holidays our society has practiced that actually makes sense to me. Why do we celebrate the fact that were one year older each year? And why is it that each year we put gifts under a tree and pretend an old man with a beard broke into our home and placed them there? The third Thursday of November each year we just get together and eat a ton of awesome food along with your own traditioins. What could be better than that? I love my family and the way we make each other feel on that day. I love food too. Thanksgiving of 2010 was typical. It is my first semester away from home, although nothing seemed to be different than any other year. This year, the Bennisons, Pattersons, Mohrmanns, and Pittmans all gathered together in my cute little grandma's home, just like every other year before. Nonetheless it was a good thanksgiving day.
Returning to Missoula is never a drag for me. Even though I know it means its time to get back to work. I feel like I have a home here along with another home in Helena. So either way I'm content. Compared to previous breaks in school when I dreaded returning, I am excited to keep working and finish this semester. The excitement of switching classes in the spring is my motivator to keep my mind on school. I was already sick of the same schedule about the fourth week in and now I'm so ready to get a new one. I didnt do well in school the last couple years. It wasn't because I tried and failed, but because I didnt try at all, or even go to class for that matter. The days I was in class, well, lets just say I wasn't all there. Having said that, I believe I have made a complete 360 degree turn. I am passing all my classes with A's and B's. I'm excited to prove to my family, friends and myself what I am capable of. I plan on finishing this semester with impressive grades and next semester do even better.
All in all, it was a nice breath of fresh air to go home for the holiday and be surrounded by my friends and family. I'm not gonna lie though, Christmas break couldn't come any sooner.

1 comment: